First International Scientific Conference Language in the Coordinates of the Mass Media
In honour of the 45th anniversary of Konstantin Preslavsky University of Shumen
SEPTEMBER 6-9, 2016 VARNA, BULGARIA
The First International Scientific Conference Language in the Coordinates of the Mass Media will be held in Varna, the sea capital of Bulgaria from September 6th to September 9th 2016. It is organized by Konstantin Preslavsky University of Shumen, the Higher School of Journalism and Mass Communication Institute at St. Petersburg State University and the Medialinguistic Commission within the International Committee of Slavists. The focus of the conference is on the current state and future developments of research on the function of Slavic languages in the mass media.
Main thematic fields of the Conference:
- The state of Media Linguistics within the field of Linguistics
- Mass media influence on the Slavic literary languages
- Thematic speech areas in the Slavic mass media: political, economic, cultural and educational, sports, etc.
- Public Relations and the mass media
- Advertising as speech and visual communication
- Terms, categories, and methods of analysis in Media Stylistics
- Media speech typology
- Media text: structure, composition, innovative trends
- Language and its functions in the media
- Media Translation
Panel discussions will be organized based on the abovemetioned topics. The organizing committee is open for suggestions by leading academics for additional topics and issues for discussion within their framework.
Conference languages: English, Russian, and Bulgarian
The electronic version with the articles will be published after the end of conference. The publication is free of charge. The number of signs should not exceed 6 000. Each participant can present only one paper of his/hers and one in co-authorship.
Conference proceedings will be published in a special issue of Media Linguistics – a scientific journal of the International Media Linguistics Commission and the International Congress of Slavists (under the auspices of UNESCO) which is registered in the Russian Scientific Citation Index (РИНЦ). The paper formatting and publication requirements can be found on the official website of the journal: http://medialing.spbu.ru/part10/57.html.